Quantcast
GunAuction.com - LEPAGE A LIEGE POCKET REVOLVER ANY INFO?????

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(GunTalk)--->(LEPAGE A LIEGE POCKET REVOLVER ANY INFO?????)
Thread Admin: DISCOUNTGUNS (136-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 04/05/2005 at 06:59:15
Total Posts: 5
Thread Title: "LEPAGE A LIEGE POCKET REVOLVER ANY INFO?????"
(no avatar) I JUST PURCHASED A SMALL POCKET REVOLVER THAT I CAN NOT FIND MUCH INFO ON. ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED. WILL PROBABLY END UP SELLING HERE. APPEARS TO BE ABOUT 25 CAL. GUN IS HAMMERLESS. HAS A FOLD AWAY TRIGGER WITH NO TRIGGER GUARD. 5 SHOT. HAS SEVERAL PROOF MARKS AROUND. ON TOP OF FRAME OVER CYLINDER IS STAMPED "LEPAGE A LIEGE" ALSO HAS AN EXTERNAL SAFETY .THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO YOU MIGHT HAVE. TERRY WAITE DBA DISCOUNTGUNS.
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Former Seller: eaglesnest(154-1-0) Post#1 - Posted: 04/05/2005 at 08:06:50
(no avatar) DISCOUNTGUNS: Sounds like a Belgium made Revolver, probably made in Liege as most of them were. Folding trigger with no trigger guard is normal and caliber is probably in MM. Probably has an Oval proof mark with ELG and a star, as well as other letters. If you wish, you can send me a photo of it and I may be able to give you more information. If not, you could indicate if it is percussion or other type? Is it a PinFire or other? How many cylinders? Other markings?

Buyer: b.goforth(4-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 04/05/2005 at 08:59:53
(no avatar) the le page company operated under at least two names 'le page etchauvot' (early) and 'manufacture d'armes le page sa' in liege, belgium. in the 1920s they may have also adopted a brand name 'societe anonyme'. the exact date they were established is unclear but they were manufacturing pinfire revolver in the 1850s. they also manufactured military arms for some of the small european countries. between wwI and wwII they manuactured a very large number in inexpensive revolvers and semi-automatics mostly for the europpean trade. the hammerless revolver with safety and folding trigger was one of their main products. alot of their handguns ended up in america as war thropies after the two wars and in the early 1950s hy hunter of california went to europe and purchased any and all firearms he could by the tons. he brought them back to the usa and sold them via mailorder. his catalogs show a fascinating group of european handguns. bill

Thread Admin: DISCOUNTGUNS(136-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 04/07/2005 at 13:37:49
(no avatar) eaglesnest, b.goforth:THANKS FOR THE HELP. TERRY WAITE DBA DISCOUNTGUNS.

Seller: Elitist(51-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 04/09/2005 at 16:58:09
Elitist "Societe Anonyme" is the French equivalent of "Incorporated." That is, an "anonymous" corporate entity, owned by no one person or family, but by stockholders. The "S.A." status confers "limited liability" in that the corpration is a legal "person" who can be sued, but the individual shareholders cannot be. The British equivalent is "Ltd.," which means "Limited Liability," and is the same sort of protection against lawsuits directed at individuals. You will find the phrase "Societe Anonyme" on many firearms made in French-speaking countries; it's not a brand name.

Buyer: b.goforth(4-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 04/11/2005 at 09:32:05
(no avatar) elistit, thanks for setting the record straight on "societe anonyme" i will delete it from my list of french brand names. bill

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.