Quantcast
GunAuction.com - SAVAGE 410ers WHAT CHOKE???

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(GunTalk)--->(SAVAGE 410ers WHAT CHOKE???)
Thread Admin: 1straightshot (57-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 01/19/2005 at 18:11:15
Total Posts: 2
Thread Title: "SAVAGE 410ers WHAT CHOKE???"
(no avatar) I Shoot a lot of old doubles.Some are damascus ,some are not.I like to use 410er tubes to not beat these old guns aparts and bring life back to the damascus ones.So what effect does original barrel lenght and choke have to do with pattern size? What do you think?????
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Seller: Elitist(48-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 01/20/2005 at 12:01:08
Elitist I have three of these things. According to Savage the choke in your gun affects the pattern of the smaller shell the same way it would the larger gauge charge. I doubt it. One of my 20's throws lovely patterns with 20-gauge shells and holey ones with the tubes. The only way to know what you're actually getting is to pattern it with the tubes in place. The smaller wad may or may not expand enough to prevent gas blow-by (more likely to occur in the 12-to-410 reduction) and foul up your patterns. The fourtenners are convenient but not as useful as one might think.

Thread Admin: 1straightshot(57-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 01/20/2005 at 15:11:42
(no avatar) HI Elitist.Savage does make that statement.The argument is, everything that will happen, happens in the short tube.The wad will not open in the barrel.Maybe true in the shorter guns.Questionable in the 30 in. tubes.I will have to try the 12 ga again.I do know that my 20 and 16 ga. ones work well.The problem with the 12's are my old doubles in that gauge weigh about 8 or more pounds.Certainly swing alittle slower than the smaller gauges I regularly use.Anyone else have any experience????

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.