Quantcast
GunAuction.com - What Model Taurus .38?

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(GunTalk)--->(What Model Taurus .38?)
Thread Admin: 5thcommjarhead (4-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 12/16/2004 at 07:56:20
Total Posts: 4
Thread Title: "What Model Taurus .38?"
5thcommjarhead My wife's ex left her a .38 Spl. Taurus revolver. It greatly resembles a 4" bbl. S&W K-38, but the grips are a different size. I can't try to find new grips for it until I find out what it is, and several hours on the internet were fruitless. It has "Firearms Int'l Corp., Washington DC, .38 Special" stamped on the right side of the frame, just under the rear of the cylinder. Is this a 38101SO? I can't find any photos or diagrams of one of these original Taurus revolvers. Thanks.
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Buyer: gulfwar1(18-1-0) Post#1 - Posted: 12/18/2004 at 06:50:13
(no avatar) i do not know all about taurus. had same problem with the revolver i bought. if you swing out the cylinder on your gun look on the frame where the cylinder sits. it will say 65 or 66 or something like that. that is where my model number was. !!

Seller: gov2mod(1081-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 12/19/2004 at 06:51:54
gov2mod I had one similar to it and it was an old Taurus model 84. If I recall it had grooves on either the top of the frame or on the grip area.

Former Seller: Der Gebirgsjager(1-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 12/19/2004 at 19:28:03
(no avatar) Wow! You do have an old one--imported back before Taurus established their own U.S.A. distributor. If you look in an older Gun Digest or Shooter's Bible you may be able to identify the revolver; if it looks very similar to an S&W Mod. 10 or S&W Mod. 15 it may be a Taurus Mod. 80 or 82, respectively. Well, your Wife's Ex didn't leave her too badly armed. The Taurus revolvers of that era weren't up to the quality of today's Taurus revolvers, but they are sufficently strong for the cartridge chambered, and reliable. Stay away from +P ammo.

Buyer: walt65(1-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 01/06/2005 at 11:55:12
(no avatar) Hey! Der Gebirgsjager thanks that's a great answer. I have a similar firearm with "80" stamped on the back of the cylinder. I had contacted Taurus with my serial # and the twit on the other end of the phone did not know what I was talking about.

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.