Quantcast
GunAuction.com - to build from parts norinco t54 9mm with spacer in mag (chinese) and/or 7,62 tok

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(GunTalk)--->(to build from parts norinco t54 9mm with spacer in mag (chinese) and/or 7,62 tok)
Thread Admin: sandmanwilly (15-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 07/20/2012 at 12:28:51
Total Posts: 4
Thread Title: "to build from parts norinco t54 9mm with spacer in mag (chinese) and/or 7,62 tok"
(no avatar)

i just picked one up and cleaned it and it appears that is was never fired and is the type with the spacer in the mag and the wide grips, i did take pictures when taken apart,
question is i guess i can just change out the mag ( i would do this if the gun has been fired, but again i do not see wear marks except from being taken down and reassembled) and use the 7,62 (one should know europeans use a comma where english use a decimal ) x 25 ( i think is the right size)but do i need to change out the barrel as well (which is what i would do anyhow so as not to use it so i can keep it original to a point, all number match and one side has no markings but and A on the trigger guard and the other side is almost double stamped with sportarms in wrong place then re-stamped/struck harder with it in wright spot and i do not see import markings but is printed made in china by norinco adn 9x19mm) i think or do i need to change the whole slide, i do like the feel in my hand when held
maybe next time i go to china or romania i will see what it takes to bring one or more back with me as i think the t54 in wide body are still made in china but not imported
i can post pictures if someone is interested when i figure that part out
would like another t54 in wide body and tt33 tok (romanian or polish or chezck anyone with leads
another idea is to build one from parts for fun and learning as i enjoyed taking down and observing the t54 pistol i took apart, and documented my parts mostly with pictures, i know this gun is not of much value as some others worthy of my time, but time is what i have
yes it would probably be cheaper to just buy one together, but where is the fun, is like plastic surgery, anyone can buy a set of 36c cups, but to make them yourself, you may get more fun
i had two different women ask me to feel the breast and both told me they cost 4000 dollars, one girl i thought to tell her to ask for her money back as they were lumpy, but she is daughter of "sammy the bull" so kept my comment to myself and the next set were very nice for the same price, not the same as a firearm but point made i think.
just for fun will try to custom make some grips although the stock wide body grips fit me just fine, just like to make things myself
thanks for reading, please feel free to share your opinions and thoughts any help to locate parts, please suggest and i will also ask as i am not sure yet which one i will build yet, i hear one is better than the rest as to which country it was built in and when
i think this would be a not too expensive project to consume time for fun

(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Buyer: krp57(36-0-1) Post#1 - Posted: 07/20/2012 at 12:56:40
(no avatar)

Willy,Post pictures of this pistol. If it's the same as the one I own(navy arms) the magazine works for both 9mm and 7.62 x 25.You will have to change out the barrel.

The pistol I own is a Norinco,Imported by Navy Arms ,And re-stamped as such.It came with interchangeable barrels.It's very easy to change them out.

This info is only good IF we are talking about the same pistol.And if you have a norinco barrel that has been checked for headspace when in your pistol. I'm fairly sure european model tokarevs will not be a drop in proposition.Nor will be any norinco barrel,Play it safe............Krp

Thread Admin: sandmanwilly(15-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 07/21/2012 at 06:43:50
(no avatar)

will do just need to learn how to post pics here

my t54 is an asian one as it is from china but i figured i would have to change out the barrel and the mag is like i said has a spacer in to shorten it to accept the 9mm 

Thread Admin: sandmanwilly(15-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 07/22/2012 at 10:16:30
(no avatar)

i found one that i want but is on gunbidder, not too much work needed and i am not yet fully registered so i can not bid 

oh well

there it goes in one hour from now

Seller: -CaptJim(40-0-3) Post#4 - Posted: 07/31/2012 at 09:29:14
-CaptJim

smw, you will have to change the barrel to shoot 7.62x25. You are going from 36 cal to 30 cal. The single stack mag doesn't use or need a spacer to shoot either round. I am not familiar with the T54 wide body, but it may not be a spacer per say in the mag. If it is a double stack mag, it may be in there to stabilize the rounds so they don't jostle around and get partially cross ways while firing. If that is the case, you may need it in there for either round. The 7.62x25 case is a 9mm case necked down from 36 cal to 30 cal.-Capt"Jim"

Hope this helped a little

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.