Quantcast
GunAuction.com - Ah Told You to CLean OUT That Garage!!!!!

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Hunting Stories)--->(Ah Told You to CLean OUT That Garage!!!!!)
Thread Admin: MealAndMore (311-1-2) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 05/25/2011 at 14:20:53
Total Posts: 11
Thread Title: "Ah Told You to CLean OUT That Garage!!!!!"
MealAndMore

California couple had the fright of their lives when they went to chase what they thought was a raccoon out of their garage and instead came face-to-face with a mountain lion.

Michelle Taylor heard something banging around in the garage behind her San Bernardino house Tuesday morning and thought some small critter had found its way inside, The Victorville Daily Press reported.

But when her husband, Jesse, went into the building, he spotted a large paw and set of glowing eyes peering out at him from the shadows and beat a hasty retreat.

She called 911 and officials with the California Fish & Game division arrived and hit the young male cougar with a tranquilizer dart.

It was examined and then released into San Bernardino National Forest.

(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Seller: jessmoon(129-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 05/27/2011 at 05:03:16
jessmoon

We've has cats, squirrels, grouse, raccoons, snakes, skunks and opossums but never anything that big.

Do not leave the garage doors open at night anymore.

Buyer: Splittinhairs(18-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 05/27/2011 at 05:43:11
Splittinhairs

Had a Bobcat in the Garage one day.

Theres quite a story behind that, someday I'll tell it.

Buyer: 5thcommjarhead(71-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 05/27/2011 at 05:47:48
5thcommjarhead

My ex- had a bad habit of leaving the garage door open a couple of feet so that the cat could get out at night.  I told no more than about 6" was sufficient for the cat, but she persisted until someone came under it and stole a bunch of my tools.  

I once left a rabbit fur hat in my car with the windows down in the garage and that cat found it.  There were tufts of rabbit fur all over the place! 

Seller: Elitist(148-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 05/27/2011 at 06:50:59
Elitist

A couple of years ago I was in Santa Fe.  A lion came down out of the mountains and wandered into the main square of the town. It was chased into a building, where it was cornered in a men's room stall.  A local cop went in after it with a tranquilizer gun! This man was either incredibly brave or incredibly dumb, but either way he was incredibly lucky not to be badly injured, facing down a pissed off 85-pound predatory animal in a space that's 5x3 with only one way out, which was OVER the cop.  Had it been an African leopard he'd almost surely have been killed.

Buyer: JohnT007(54-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 06/09/2011 at 08:19:51
(no avatar)

for the past 2-3 years bears have been migrating down into the piedmont section of our state in search of food. They simply shoot them and toss their carcass in the dump. Just shot another one last Friday. Sad. JohnT

Seller: Hartwell Gun(1364-1-4) Post#6 - Posted: 06/09/2011 at 08:55:22
Hartwell Gun

Bears in this area usually stay north of Toccoa GA which is about 30min north of I-85.Last year the Corp of Engineers park ranger spotted one not a 1/4 mile from my shop,Also last year the Athens GA(40 mi SW of Hartwell)the police were chasing a bear in the Athens metro area.They finally darted him while he was eating from a dumpster and released him up in the mountains north of here.

Seller: jessmoon(129-0-0) Post#7 - Posted: 06/09/2011 at 11:52:59
jessmoon

I've seen many a one in the Big Canoe area northwest of Hartwell.

Former Seller: Kan Do Arms(70-0-0) Post#8 - Posted: 06/10/2011 at 09:22:46
(no avatar)

hart you think it will come back to you?

Thread Admin: MealAndMore(312-1-2) Post#9 - Posted: 06/20/2011 at 14:41:41
MealAndMore

An entrepreneurial Queens man makes his living off New York City streets, but in a manner far different from that which city residents have witnessed before.

Raffi Stepanian, 43, earns his cash scouring the sidewalks in Midtown’s Diamond District for hidden treasure – chips of rubies, diamonds, platinum and gold that somehow fell off their owners’ jewelry and became lodged in the cracks between cement slabs or hopelessly stuck in a piece of gum some passerby flippantly spit out onto the street, according to a report.

In less than a week, Stepanian told The New York Post he amassed enough gold for two sales worth nearly $850 on 47th Street.

“The percentage of gold out here on the street is greater than the amount of gold you would find in a mine,” the Whitestone man told the Post. “It comes close to a mother lode because in the street, you’re picking up gold left by the industry.”

The valuable gem chips are already cut and processed, which makes them even more marketable than the unrefined ore one would find in a mine. And the precious stones are out on the street for anyone willing to get down on his or her knees and look for them, Stepanian says.

“It’s the same principle as collecting cans on the street and redeeming them for nickles,” he told the Post. “It’s redemption of usable gold.” 

Thread Admin: MealAndMore(317-1-2) Post#10 - Posted: 07/26/2011 at 13:44:14
MealAndMore

http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2011/07/26/news/doc4e2f1341de52f489437623.txt?viewmode=fullstory

(Next 10 Posts)   (Ending)

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.