Quantcast
GunAuction.com - GK Baby Hammerless

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Buyer Forum)--->(GK Baby Hammerless)
Thread Admin: dosperros (5-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 05/14/2009 at 14:56:39
Total Posts: 6
Thread Title: "GK Baby Hammerless"
(no avatar) I recently won a baby hammerless revolver at an auction. Both the barrel and body of the pistol both have a crowned N. On top of the pistol, it says hammerless and 6.35 caliber. I've searched everywhere but cannot find any reference to a "GK" revolver. Is anyone familiar with this brand. It has no serial number. I don't know if it's a patent copy or what. I searched Gasser Kropatschek and they are not referenced as having built any hammerless. I tried George Kynoch and that was also a dead end. Can anyony help?
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Seller: Elitist(115-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 05/14/2009 at 15:29:09
Elitist It's most likely a Belgian "Velo Dog" (sometimes called a "Puppy") revolver. These were made by the scadrillions in the pre-WW One period in a huge cottage industry, and there may be no way to tell who made it, really. However try the site www.littlegun.be, to see if you can key it out. Caliber is almost certainly .25 ACP, which dates it post 1906. "GK" could be half a dozen makers and it could mean nothing at all. The crown over N is a Belgian inspector's mark. It's absolutely not a Gasser or a Kynoch product. There's a bare possibility it may be German, but Belgium is far, far more likely to be the country of origin. The Littlegun site has some examples of German products as well. If it's hammerless and has folding trigger, and if the cylinder flutes are scooped out, not completed to the end of the chambers, 99.99999% it's Belgian made.

Thread Admin: dosperros(5-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 05/24/2009 at 08:35:47
(no avatar) Elitist, I ran across a German firearm maker named "Georg Knaak" There's not much info on the internet. I'm wondering if they ever tried to market a baby hammerless. The Proofmark "N" is a German proofmark. Do you know of this company?

Seller: Elitist(117-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 05/24/2009 at 13:07:39
Post removed by poster: Elitist

Seller: Elitist(117-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 05/24/2009 at 13:13:25
Elitist
Seller: Elitist(117-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 05/24/2009 at 18:27:30
Post removed by poster: Elitist

Seller: Elitist(117-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 05/24/2009 at 18:29:59
Elitist Georg Knakk was a Berlin sporting arms maker in the right period for a Velo Dog (before WW One) but his line was mainly sporting guns, drillings and such. The gun may well be German, many VD style revolvers were made there. It is almost certainly chambered in .25 ACP. Cornell Publications has a facsimile reprint of his 1910 catalog.

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.