Quantcast
GunAuction.com - When did it start?

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Hunting Stories)--->(When did it start?)
Thread Admin: Uncle Buck #1 (31-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 07/08/2008 at 11:24:45
Total Posts: 1
Thread Title: "When did it start?"
(no avatar) I was reflecting back to a simpler and more gentle time when I was a kid and my first, very first gun trade that got me hooked on this wonderful past time. No, I did not get beat on my first deal, that was to come later, but I was hooked for life. Being a kid of the ripe old age of 15, I acquired from a friend an Harring & Richardson, top break, .22 revolver. Having a paper route, I could afford ammunition and many a round went thru that revolver. My eyes were good, my hand was steady (I had yet to discover girls and cars)I could out shoot anyone around, including grown ups. Mr. Harvey on the ajoining farm enjoyed shooting that gun and was getting quite good when he suggested I trade him for a pistol he had, "Even Steven" for that little H&R. I ended up with a pistol that I could not afford to shoot. Heck Fire a box of 50 rounds was near $3.25. What a dummy!!!! After college, I realized a "bring back" P-38 from the Battle of the Buldge in find condition, holster and two clips was worth a quite a bit more than that little H&R. That got me hooked! That particular P-38 rests in the safe with a half dozen more P-38's and equal number of Lugars that have been acquired over time. I have traded for over 30 years, been beaten, got ahead, broke even, wish I had, wish I had not. I do not think there is a cure. Uncle Buck
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Seller: kraiger(32-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 07/09/2008 at 11:09:00
(no avatar) I got hooked on the gun trading collecting back when my dad had this guy working for us on the farm he would show up a lot of days with something different. And when I got into high school we would drive around together after work some times. I got to shoot his marlin 1894 .22 Mag. at a big old tom cat on the way home from dinner in town. He said I missed it but I said no way all he had loaded in the gun were FMJ bullets later on that day working in the shop we heard this growling noise I went found it it was that cat. I have been looking for one of them guns every gun show have not found one.

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.