Quantcast
GunAuction.com - TAKE A RIDE ON THE INDIAN RAILWAYS AT WWW.NRVOUTDOORS.COM

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Hunting Stories)--->(TAKE A RIDE ON THE INDIAN RAILWAYS AT WWW.NRVOUTDOORS.COM)
Thread Admin: Elitist (99-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 02/04/2008 at 18:42:10
Total Posts: 6
Thread Title: "TAKE A RIDE ON THE INDIAN RAILWAYS AT WWW.NRVOUTDOORS.COM"
Elitist Just posted "Take the A Train," an account of a rail trip I made in India. Ever seen the movie "Gandhi," and the scene where people are riding on the roof of the train? It's not fiction...see The New River Valley Outdoorsman under "Miscellany" in the scroll-down list.

There's more to come, so stay tuned...

(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Buyer: Uncle Buck #1(31-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 02/05/2008 at 13:10:34
(no avatar) I just spent a nice afternoon reading and wrapped up in your page. Our life paths have followed some of the same ditches. Thanks for sharing. Uncle Buck

Thread Admin: Elitist(99-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 02/05/2008 at 19:09:17
Elitist Thanks for the kind words, and please tell all your friends to visit the page! I just upped my bandwidth, in fact. As the word gets around I have to pay for more and more, but I enjoy doing it.

There are two new articles in the works: a friend of mine in the UK sent me a wonderful piece about a rough shoot; I went on one with him years ago and it was a high point of my trip, so I was delighted to get the article. I also have a piece in preparation on the subject of "humane killers," the curious offshoot of firearms technology that's used in the meat industry to make Holsteins into Hamburgers. I'm on the faculty at a veterinary school and have a sort of professional interest in such gadgets.

Please check back from time to time, I try to announce new items here but sometimes it takes me a while to get a post up.

Former Seller: OLD RATTLER(175-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 02/06/2008 at 02:45:58
(no avatar) ELITIST; I hardly ever comment on your work , but I always read it.

Unlike stated by Uncle Buck about the paths of life being down the same road. Yours and mine seem to differ greatly and I always enjoy reading of different lifestyles and ways of life.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK .

Former Seller: c3shooter(33-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 02/08/2008 at 16:43:53
c3shooter Elitist- greatly enjoyed reading of your train ride to Goa- now, I have the rare opportunity to reccomend an item for YOUR reading- "The Last Charge of the Calcutta Light Horse". Non-fiction, WWII, and a worse way to get to Goa than yours.

Thread Admin: Elitist(99-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 02/09/2008 at 18:47:25
Elitist OK, I'll look for it. I can also recommend Winston Churchill's "The River War," about his adventures fighting against the Maahdi's forces in Sudan in the 1880's.

Former Seller: c3shooter(33-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 02/09/2008 at 19:51:41
c3shooter Elitist- I thank you- have read a bit of Churchill here and there, but missed that one. You might also enjoy "Quartered Safe Out Here", by George McDonald Fraser. Yes, that Fraser, of Flashman fame. However, THIS one is non-fiction- his account of fighting the Burma Campaign as an enlisted member of His Majesty's forces.

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.