Quantcast
GunAuction.com - Warning Signs- ......you might be a gun nut

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Hunting Stories)--->(Warning Signs- ......you might be a gun nut)
Thread Admin: c3shooter (31-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 10/02/2007 at 10:28:02
Total Posts: 22
Thread Title: "Warning Signs- ......you might be a gun nut"
c3shooter Apologies to Jeff Foxworthy- However- If you own at least 6 weapons with bayonets....... If your grandkids think your favorite cologne is Hoppe's #9........ If your favorite Christmas presents are always heavy...... If your idea of "precious metals" is blued or stainless....... During the Y2K panic, you laughed hysterically when someone asked "Have you thought about buying a gun?"....... If you own more guns than are issued to the shift of the police department currently on patrol...... If most of your paper in the recycling bin has holes and X rings....... If the UPS and FedX delivery guys know you by first name....... If the burglar survived only because of your delay in selecting an appropriate shotgun.... If you get Christmas cards from Colt, Remington, Speer, and Hornady........ YOU might be a gun nut! Feel free to add your own-
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Former Seller: eastbank(23-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 10/02/2007 at 10:56:23
(no avatar) you may be a gun nut if you have a shooting range connected to your back porch. or if you have a ,i don,t call 911, i dial .357 sticker on your truck. or if you have three progressive reloading presses and don,t think you have enough, one more won,t hurt. eastbank.

Former Seller: OLD RATTLER(154-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 10/02/2007 at 15:53:56
(no avatar) Might be a gun nut if you have run out of corners to stand them in.

Seller: Elitist(96-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 10/02/2007 at 17:11:27
Elitist You know you're a gun nut when:

Someone gives you some ammunition for a caliber you don't shoot.
You buy a gun so you can shoot the ammunition.
You have a lot of brass now, but no loading components for it and nothing else you shoot uses bullets of that diameter.
You buy a set of loading dies and components to use the brass.
You figure you might need to shoot cast bullets some day so you look for a mold in that diameter.
It's an oddball that no one makes a mold for, so you order a custom mold.
Brass isn't obtainable commercially but you can make it from .348 Winchester.
You buy a set of forming dies to make the brass and a big pile of .348 Winchester.
You don't have a rifle in .348 Winchester, but you have a lot more brass for it than you need, so you buy a rifle in .348 Wincehster.
You don't have loading dies for .348 Winchester, so you buy some.
.348 Winchester is a fine caliber for use with cast bullets.....

And so ad infinitum.

Buyer: 5thcommjarhead(39-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 10/04/2007 at 08:42:34
5thcommjarhead ...if you end your post in this thread "ad infinitum" and your wife would end it "ad nauseum"...

Seller: Elitist(96-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 10/04/2007 at 14:10:42
Elitist Luckily Mrs Elitist can't tell a Winchester lever gun from a Lee-Enfield, and she damned sure can't tell a Lee-Enfield Mark I from a Lee-Enfield No. 4, so I'm OK once I get them snuck into the house. When she asks "How many guns do you have?" I reply, "Not nearly as many as I want," and leave it at that.

Buyer: Kenden(56-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 10/04/2007 at 15:19:39
(no avatar) Elitist - You're describing me. A few years back I picked up a bunch of 35 Remington at a yard sale, and sure enough, a few weeks later proceeded to buy a Remington Model 14 so I could shoot it. I guess I must be one.

Buyer: Kenden(56-0-0) Post#7 - Posted: 10/04/2007 at 15:21:56
(no avatar) Actually, when someone rudely asks me my religion I quickly tell him I'm a bornagaingunnut. If I say it fast enough they figure I'm some sort of evangelical and leave me alone.

Buyer: 5thcommjarhead(39-0-0) Post#8 - Posted: 10/08/2007 at 04:55:24
5thcommjarhead How about - You might be a gun nut if you try to place the cursor dead-center in the middle of any "O" every time you click on a Forum heading which has one in it?

Lemme see ... That was a bit low, so I think I'll add two clicks of elevation to my mouse.... The fan is on in "The Cave", so I'd better go with one click of right windage ...... Let breath halfway out, hold.... Now just gently squeeeeeeze that left click button .......

Former Seller: Kan Do Arms(70-0-0) Post#9 - Posted: 10/08/2007 at 11:15:07
(no avatar) YOU WILL BE A GUN NUT IF YOU LIVE IN A ROUND HOUSE.

Buyer: GUNNER686(23-0-0) Post#10 - Posted: 11/27/2007 at 20:01:26
(no avatar) You know you're a gunnut when you reach in the safe for a pistol and realize you have to go threw 20 holsters to find the one it fits.

You may be a gun nut when you have more then 3 gun safes in the house!!!!.

You may be a gunnut when you have a chore of cleaning out scope boxes and it takes more then 30 min. {so you can throw them away}.

You may be a gunnut when you write down serial #, models, cal, {for insurence or police use}, And it takes 9 hrs to do without a brake.

You maybe a gunnut when you clean out you're closet and deside to take new guns in the box, back to a gun story to sell on consinement becouse you realised you forgot you owned nor used them.

I must be a gun nut becouse all the above is true.

(Next 10 Posts)   (Ending)

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.