Quantcast
GunAuction.com - THE LATEST FROM WWW.NRVOUTDOORS.COM: "How I Spent My Weekend"...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Hunting Stories)--->(THE LATEST FROM WWW.NRVOUTDOORS.COM: "How I Spent My Weekend"...)
Thread Admin: Elitist (95-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 09/20/2007 at 18:36:36
Total Posts: 12
Thread Title: "THE LATEST FROM WWW.NRVOUTDOORS.COM: "How I Spent My Weekend"..."
Elitist ...at an NRA training course. Read all about it at The New River Valley Outdoorsman!
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Buyer: ripleyslady(0-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 09/25/2007 at 17:13:49
(no avatar) I spent my weekend at Mule Days. It's a 4-day celebration featuring mules, horses, donkeys, carnival rides, a huge parade, rodeos, vendors, good food, and STREET DANCES! Happens that I'm good friends with the band that played this weekend, and I had a total blast! Met up with some friends I haven't seen in several years at the parade, and more at the dances. As usual, I was the DD and took a friend who has never been to the street dance on Saturday night...needless to say she had a LARGE time. Spent the last half of the weekend at the house, waiting for a phone call that never came. As much as I enjoy it, I'm glad it's over and the noise and smells are gone until next September.....

Thread Admin: Elitist(95-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 09/25/2007 at 17:27:48
Elitist Mule Days? Where do you live? I have almost no use for horses, but mules are something else. If mules could breed and produce more mules, no one would bother with horses.

Buyer: 5thcommjarhead(39-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 09/26/2007 at 05:02:36
5thcommjarhead When I go to those things, I'm the DD, too ---- Designated Drunk!

Seller: Fyrd(14-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 09/26/2007 at 05:30:00
(no avatar) DD = designated driver! Whew! Boy did I miss that one.....sneaking sheepishly off into my corner.....(don't look at me)

Buyer: ripleyslady(0-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 09/26/2007 at 19:58:50
(no avatar) Mule Days is a 4 day celebration of the Mule...later horses and ponies were added. There are rodeos, a parade, Mule pulls, Mule judging,carnival rides for the kids, all kinds of vendors and food...man the food! And of course, Friday and Saturday nights...STREET DANCE. It's in Johnston County, NC and it's a really big deal. Our business closes that Saturday, we go up for the parade and keep the dummies off the plate glass windows at the front of the store, but after the parade, the day is ours. DD? Depends on which resident of the house you ask...hehe...Looking cross-eyed @ Fyrd. Ya'll should come on down for some REAL southern hospitality. We have people who drive for up to 8 hours to get here, and reserve their camp site for next year while they're here this year.

Seller: Fyrd(14-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 09/27/2007 at 09:24:21
(no avatar) I appreciate the invite, but I am stuck out here in Kansas. (Not the end of the world but you can see it from the top of the grain elevator.) Besides, with my health a full dose of Southern Hospitality might be lethal.....:):)

I forget, is "Y'all" singular or plural or both?

Former Seller: c3shooter(31-0-0) Post#7 - Posted: 09/27/2007 at 17:47:28
c3shooter Y'all is singular collective. All y'all is plural.

Seller: Fyrd(14-0-0) Post#8 - Posted: 09/27/2007 at 23:53:24
(no avatar) Thanks:)

Buyer: 5thcommjarhead(39-0-0) Post#9 - Posted: 09/28/2007 at 04:29:02
5thcommjarhead ripleyslady - Sounds like a great time to be had by all, but I don't have to drive that far to see a bunch of asses. I'm only an hour or so from DC.

Y'all reckon that Fyrd is ready for "you'uns" and "we'uns" yet?

Buyer: ripleyslady(0-0-0) Post#10 - Posted: 09/28/2007 at 04:52:15
(no avatar) 5th...I'M not ready for that, that's pure North Western....specifically, OHIO..Ask Gunner. Sympathies for living so close year round to so many donkey butts... Shooter got it right ya'll.

(Next 10 Posts)   (Ending)

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.