Quantcast
GunAuction.com - Former Ebay Sellers

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(System Info & Announcements)--->(Former Ebay Sellers)
Thread Admin: AuctionArmsCeo (5-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 08/22/2007 at 14:42:45
Total Posts: 35
Thread Title: "Former Ebay Sellers"
AuctionArmsCeo As I'm sure everyone is aware, Ebay made a decision to further limit the sales of firearms related items on it's website. Naturally, we think they're idiots, but we're also happy to take up the slack and help out those sellers who need a new home.

As an additional benefit to our existing users, we've also issued credits to those sellers that had the bulk of their business at Ebay, but were still active users of Auction Arms. But, given the complexity of winnowing out those sellers who meet that criteria, we've found that a few sellers didn't get their credits, and we want to make sure everyone gets their due. So - for the month of August - if you're been an Ebay user and are moving your business to Auction Arms OR you are a current and active seller of Auction Arms with an Ebay ID, and didn't get any credit for listing in the categories at Auction Arms that are comparable to the categories that are being closed down at Ebay, please give us a holler. We'd love to help you out, and make your transition to Auction Arms easier. Thanks...
-manny

(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Seller: 1978dick(0-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 08/24/2007 at 16:03:24
(no avatar) Yes, I wandered in from Ebay and I have been lost ever since. I did manage to get my Ebay name and feedback score but it took a phone call to do it. I did get clipped 4 bucks to sign up but that is a minor consideration. What I would like to see is information on how to make AA work for sellers. If there is an invoice system I haven't found it. If AA has an on line shipping system going I haven't found that either. My first auctions a closeing in a couple of hours so I guess I am going to have to invent something but that doesn't realy give me a warmfuzzy feeling. The lack of an on line banking system is another hangup. I guess I will have to do everything by mail and that is going to be a drag.I think that this is going to have a bad effect on low priced items like many gun parts. I get the impression that AA was set up primarily for gun sellers who are in a different class than those of us who sell parts and reloading gear. I think the AA folks are a little overwhelemed by this bunch of refugees they have just gotten. Our needs are a little different because of the cost and volume of our sales are very different from the gun dealers. Hopefully, all this will get straightened out before too long. One small request. As these changes are made, put it in writeing for all of us to read. Phones are great but they only work for one person at a time. We all need this information as you generate it.

Seller: Petesguns(473-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 08/24/2007 at 17:26:05
Petesguns 1978dick, first, welcome to AA. Yes it is different, and for many of the very astute observations you have made. The thing is, that it will get better, and will improve, and for the same reasons ebay became what it has; out of neccessity. The difference is ebay has legions of programmers and geeks to do their bidding. AA is no where near as big, and makes do with a smaller staff, but do amazing things with that staff. Hang in there, it will gt better. The online banking ois a thing that has been a problem forever, and there is not much choice other than BidPay, which DOES work. As far as invoicing goes, I do believe that is probably in the works as partof the ebay "adjustment" package, but don't quote me. This HAS been primarily been a regular firearms site, but then again, ebay wasn't a gun parts site before either. Cheers!

Seller: HORSE TRADER(160-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 08/26/2007 at 15:40:32
(no avatar) So after all of the excitement, how many new sellers did we get???? I left The "E" word in about 2000 when they banned BB and Pellet Guns. My wife still sells off and on there. I think AA has been a unique place to be and would hate to see it turned into an "E" Word for guns. Seems like all the posts that I have been reading from the new sellers seem to want what they have had at the "E" Place. I think it is nice that AA has put out the welcome mat for these new buyers and sellers but I hope we do not become a clone of what they had (software) there. Horse Trader

Buyer: sam422(0-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 08/26/2007 at 17:13:00
(no avatar) Hi, have you got in the works a program you can do the listing off line? I tie up my phone line for long times. thanks.

Former Seller: Joes Custom Guns(275-1-1) Post#5 - Posted: 08/26/2007 at 17:27:33
(no avatar) I have over 110 all postive feedback on E-Bay + 2 other web-sites so

WHY SHOULD I BE ABLE TO BRING THEM TO AA AS I DID NOT EARN THEM HERE,I EARNED THEM ON THE OTHER 3 SITES

Seller: HORSE TRADER(160-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 08/26/2007 at 18:01:38
(no avatar) Sam: Have you heard of DSL??? Horse Trader

Seller: AA-bob(2-0-0) Post#7 - Posted: 08/27/2007 at 12:42:42
AA-bob Joes Custom Guns , since we are no longer in competition with eBay for sales of the sort we do here (by their own terms) we've allowed reference to eBay feedback in a user's report card.

It is entirely separate from AuctionArms feedback and is not Combined in the count. The reason for this is to allow these sellers to show the feedback record they had earned at eBay as a service to both them (being able to salvage a small amount of the good will they had accumulated with their customers before being so rudely abandoned) and as a service to our buying customers who can now make a more informed decision than a simple 0-0-0 for folks who have accumulated a good feedback record at the eBay site.

Seller: Petesguns(474-0-0) Post#8 - Posted: 08/27/2007 at 17:45:45
Petesguns WELL stated, Bob. Anyone who does not understand your concise explanation, doesn't WANT to. There is nothing wrong with allowing members to see what kind of record a potential partner in a deal has amassed elsewhere.

Thread Admin: AuctionArmsCeo(5-0-0) Post#9 - Posted: 08/28/2007 at 14:44:32
AuctionArmsCeo Just a small heads up - I'll be releasing an invoicing system shortly. Sorry it took awhile to get together - turned out to be a harder problem than initially thought. That's probably why I hadn't done it before. Thanks for your patience!
-manny

Former Seller: lonewoolf47(1-0-0) Post#10 - Posted: 08/28/2007 at 16:07:47
(no avatar) I am a newbie from the 'E' place. I think they are probably as happy that I am gone, as I am to be gone. As far as I am concerned, there is no one with a brain working at the 'E' place. I feel a great sense of relief being here among folks who appreciate and respect our American freedoms. I plan to relax and enjoy the company while I peddle my wares. I will learn the ins & outs as I go.

(Next 10 Posts)   (Ending)

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.