Quantcast
GunAuction.com - .45 Long Colt Collector Cartridges value if any

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Help!?!)--->(.45 Long Colt Collector Cartridges value if any)
Thread Admin: tomon (41-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 05/22/2007 at 10:51:09
Total Posts: 24
Thread Title: ".45 Long Colt Collector Cartridges value if any"
tomon I acquired awhile back 7- 45 LC Nickeled cases with Silver Bullets and punched primers. The Head Stamp reads (exactly) HI-YO REA AWAAAY. REA was or is a Trucking Company. Maybe a giveaway back in the day? Or maybe there was some other REA something? Lone Ranger fans? Any idea what the value of these would be, and whether they should be sold as a lot or separately would be greatly appreciated!
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Former Seller: Joes Custom Guns(263-1-1) Post#1 - Posted: 05/22/2007 at 10:57:48
(no avatar) tommon..Don't keep them up there,send them on down to me,as I need them for my RUGER

Thread Admin: tomon(41-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 05/22/2007 at 11:06:37
tomon They're dummys, Dummy!!!!HEHHEHHEH!!!

Buyer: stan the braggert(16-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 05/27/2007 at 15:14:53
(no avatar) Do you know if they are real silver bullets or just plated? Stan

Seller: jwogun(19-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 05/27/2007 at 17:26:45
(no avatar) Hi all, in need of some info. I have a Roy Rogers commorative revolver made by Ruger. It has a wooden box with a pic. of roy on his horse. The 6&1/2" barrel of this pistol, I am told by Ruger Co., was produced in 1992 but with a 1" longer barrel only, & not a Roy Rogers commorative. The gun says # 132 of 5000. It is chromed with gold accents & bone grips. I can not find one like this anywhere. Does anyone of you have any information on this 45? Thank you, John

Thread Admin: tomon(41-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 05/27/2007 at 19:45:28
tomon Stan...Not even silver plated....I think they were a salesmen's giveaway or part of a promotion. I'd say nickeled brass and chromed bullets.

Buyer: stan the braggert(16-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 05/28/2007 at 18:31:47
(no avatar) Too bad, I would only pay about $.25 each as I would use them for shooting after pulling the bullets. Stan

Former Seller: Gun nut Bob(63-0-0) Post#7 - Posted: 05/30/2007 at 15:28:19
(no avatar) These are most likely something from the Lone Ranger who was originated in the studios of radio station WXYZ Detroit with get this, Silver Cup Bread as a sponsor in the 1930s. The horse was silver and of course the Lone Ranger shot only silver bullets. He never shot anybody, but shot the guns out of their hands

It was a great fantasy and as a kid I listened to it religiously. Had to go to bed as soon as it was over.

There was Jimmy Allen a pilot, but don't remember the sponsor. Jack Armstrong, the all American Boy sponsored by Wheaties. The Shadow. The Hermits Cave with its squeaking door. The Green Hornet with his Faithful Japanese Valet until December 7, 1941. I Love a Mystery. Lil Orphan Annie. There was Jack Benny and Fred Allen along with Bob Hope and One Mans Family. Jack Benny's Rochester was the only black comedian on Radio and would have been the whole show today. He had a lot better lines and jokes then Jack Benny. But Jack Benny was always that way. The butt of his own jokes

The Lone Ranger's cry was High Yo Silver Away to Silver his horse silver and Tonto said, get em up scout to his horse. When the day had been save and the bad guys taken care of they always asked, who was that masked man as he left the scene with High Yo Silver Away. All accomplished in a half hour complete with commercials.

Former Seller: eastbank(23-0-0) Post#8 - Posted: 05/30/2007 at 15:54:49
(no avatar) reminds me of the joke about the lone ranger and tonto faced with a wild hord of indians, the lone ranger faces tonto and says what do we do now tonto ? tonto replies,what do you mean we white man. eastbank.

Former Seller: Gun nut Bob(63-0-0) Post#9 - Posted: 05/30/2007 at 18:51:39
(no avatar) Eastbank if you are going to tell and old and corny joke at least get it right.

There the Lone Ranger and Tonto were. 5000 Indians to their front, 5000 Indians to their back, 5000 Indians to their left and 5000 Indians to their right. The Lone Ranger looked to Tonto and said," What do we do now Kimosabby?" Tonto answered as he grabbed the Lone Ranger to take his scalp,"What you mean Kimosabby white eyes!"

Former Seller: eastbank(23-0-0) Post#10 - Posted: 05/30/2007 at 19:58:28
(no avatar) GNB, i just don,t have the flair for long winded stories like you seem to. eastbank.

(Next 10 Posts)   (Ending)

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.