Quantcast
GunAuction.com - grizzly hunting

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Hunting Stories)--->(grizzly hunting)
Thread Admin: babun (30-1-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 03/29/2007 at 15:54:26
Total Posts: 8
Thread Title: "grizzly hunting"
(no avatar) It was the night before opening day of grizzly bear season.... The 3 best friends and hunting buddies were in the small log cabin waiting for the sun to rise as they cleaned their guns. Tom carefully oiled his .338 win mag saying "this heres the best gun for big old bears!" Dick disagreed, "my .375 H&H stops them cold!" Harry slowly cleaned the blade of his folding pocket knife, "this is all I need for grizzlys. Comes early sunrise and harry leaves the cabin first. In about 15 mins harry's running back towards the front door,yelling open up!! open up the door!!! chasing him is a 1400 lb. bear with a pen knife stuck in it's rear area. Harry runs in the front with the bear right behind him... as harry jumps out the back window, he yells into his buddies: "okay you guys skin that one and go git another......
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Buyer: 5thcommjarhead(27-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 03/30/2007 at 05:53:23
5thcommjarhead Awfully decent of Harry to leave the knife for the skinning work....

Buyer: S.H Panda(0-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 01/18/2008 at 08:33:47
(no avatar) I hope some day to get a permit for a trophy Grizzly or Kodiak- recalling a book title by the late Robert Ruark- "Use Enough Gun". A client asked a guide in Alaska what he carried, and the guide told him he used a .416 Rigby BA- open express sights. The client,somewhat of a gun collector, remarked that the .416 Rigby was an African caliber, asked the guide why he carried such a heavy caliber rifle, to that the guide replied" Because in 10 years of guiding, I've learned one thing for certain- Live clients tend to tip me better than those that come back in body bags!" I also read somewhere that the .375 H&H is considered to be a "light/medium" rifle in Alaska, as we might consider the 30-06 to be in the "48".

Seller: Hagrid(13-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 01/18/2008 at 16:52:59
Hagrid USMC, Most of the Alaskan Natives I met hunted with the 30-06. A few carried the 338 win mag and only one I met that carried a 375. 7mm mag and 30 cal mags are popular too. trapper

Seller: tomon(49-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 01/19/2008 at 02:23:56
tomon Ammo availability and cost wins!

Former Seller: Joes Custom Guns(323-2-1) Post#5 - Posted: 01/19/2008 at 04:19:26
(no avatar) 270 Win. will work just fine

Buyer: Splittinhairs(17-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 01/19/2008 at 05:34:01
Splittinhairs Here we go again, 30.06 wins!

Seller: Hagrid(13-0-0) Post#7 - Posted: 01/19/2008 at 15:33:17
Hagrid Looking at the thread, kinda reminds me of Jeremiah Johnson.

Former Seller: WALI(10-0-0) Post#8 - Posted: 01/19/2008 at 16:21:19
WALI I WENT ON MY FIRST "BEAR HUNT" in 1977 in greensboro tn/mountains on N.C. border. They lined us all up down the mtn range on both sides. ( all the locals had walki-talkies) Then they "let loose about 40 dogs at one end and chased the bear till it treeded. It "treeded" "right in front of me" 20 yds up the hill/mountain. I charged up and shot it first, with a 200 gr,.35 cal marlin 336 and it folded like a book being slammed shut, for the next 45 seconds, no less than 100 shots followed. When the 300 lb. bear hit the ground, he might have weighed 150lbs. as so much was shot away. I will NEVER go on another "public hunt" again, as the "locals said they would give me a "ham and a "foot" if I would "claim it "( which I never got) so they could hunt for the next 3DAYS. I did it, with a wink and a nod from the game warden on the scene. I have never been so discqusted in my life. 2 yrs later I took a 190lb black bear with a bow at abt 40 yds, in east TN. BY MY SELF! On private land. My point is, It don't matter what you kill it with, It is how you "feel about it" when it is done! I personally, want to feel it was a match against me and the quarry. My cousin (decesed now) killed 15 or 20 "EXOTIC ANIMALS" on "canned hunts", on fenced areas ect,ect. His "TROPHY WALL" HELD THE HEADS OF "penned creatures" that had no choice, other than to walk by his .7mm rifel. To me that is no TROPHY! ....WALI...

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.