Quantcast
GunAuction.com - 3 LEGGED DEER

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Hunting Stories)--->(3 LEGGED DEER)
Thread Admin: greg4 (72-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 07/16/2004 at 12:26:44
Total Posts: 6
Thread Title: "3 LEGGED DEER"
(no avatar) A few years ago during bow season kept seeing a young doe that was missing right front leg. All she had was a 3 inch stub from her shoulder. It was an old injury--all healed over--she seemed to being getting around just fine and even had a fawn with her. Last night I was watching 7 bucks in the field behind the barn and noticed one of the smaller ones was missing his right front leg. It too was healed over and he was doing fine. I'm thinking these are injuries from the previous rifle seasons. Must have a neighbor with a passion for leg bone soup?
(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Former Seller: Gun nut Bob(59-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 07/17/2004 at 15:27:04
(no avatar) I was hunting with my brother in law north of Kalakska, Michigan. This big buck came running acrossed in front of us at 75 to a 100 yards. The brother in law got two shots off at it. One took off the right front leg and the other took off the left rear leg. I did not fire then because my brother in law was in my line of fire. The deer was still trying to go on two legs. When I was able to get up close, one shot thru the neck dropped it. We still kid the brother in law about bringing them back alive after he shoots all the legs off.

Buyer: TexasRick(26-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 05/08/2005 at 18:31:51
(no avatar) I have to admit those three-legged deer stories are interesting, but they can't hold a candle to this true story from our family. It involves my mother taking (sort of) a buck one year by shooting off not, one or two, but all four legs. She is somewhat of a legend in our hunting club for that stunt. I have to set up the story by telling that she had just had major back surgery only a week before and was wearing a full back brace at the time. It left her somewhat immoble at the time. However, she insisted that she was going to make opening day anyway. So after arming herself with a light-kicking .243 she ventured out. The rest of the family had set up a ground blind so she wouldn't have to climb a ladder (an impossibility with the back brace) and enlarged the door so she could enter without bending (also an impossibility). The stand wasn't in exactly the best area of the club since it was located alongside a major road that was sure to be heavily traveled just before daylight. However it was the only location we had where you could pull up to the stand and she could step out of the truck and into the stand without walking......and at least she was hunting. Of course, every truck full of hunters that passed by on the way to their own stands had to stop and visit (she was very popular and the story of her hunting in a full-body brace had spread)...which didn't help the woods settle down and improve the chances of actually seeing a deer. In fact the final truck didn't pull away until nearly full daylight. As the taillights of that last truck went out of sight...wouldn't you know it, but the prettiest 6-point buck walked into sight about 150 yards from the stand and watched the truck drive away. Now the real problems started.....we had set up the stand for easy access, but never actually tested trying to shoot from it (particularly in a back brace that didn't allow bending or turning). Her aim was none too steady, but she finally got the sights on the buck and fired. Amazingly, he collapsed at the shot into the center of the road. As my mother sat admiring her marksmanship, the deer's head came up and he scrambled to his feet. Now this "main" road wasn't exactly a super-highway.....it was actually a dirt road only about 25 feet wide and surrounded by very thick brush, so a near panic ensued as the deer moved toward the woods. Just as she got her sights back on the deer.....he stumbled and the shot went low. This time she knew she'd made a poor shot and could see a broken front leg dangling. The deer was down again as she tried to end this comedy. She "claims" that every time she would start to pull the trigger, the deer would lunge and try to get back up. By the fourth shot, the deer had managed to fall into the road ditch and out of sight, but didn't come out. She now was in a spot.....a deer down and no possible way she could exit the stand and walk the 150 yards to check on it. Fortunately, by now the rest of the family had decided that she must be fending off an indian attack and we began to show up to see what all the shooting was about. The poor deer was still in the ditch....one leg completely severed just above the knee and three others shattered in or above the knees. He didn't even struggle as we approach, just lay there with a look on his face like he was pleading for someone to end this misery. A pistol shot to the head did just that. That event took place more than 15 years ago and is still talked about in the club and our family...........my mother's comment is always the same, "I got my deer, didn't I"

Former Seller: fred1939(57-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 05/09/2005 at 16:44:55
(no avatar) No toreup meat that way.

Buyer: bforeman0_0(4-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 05/10/2005 at 05:46:04
(no avatar) I'm sure the Deer didn't get as big a kick out of it as you all did. Maybe you should have shot him in the nuts too, just in case blowing off all four legs didn't made him suffer enough. You said the deer didn't even struggle as you approached him. Well duh,,,,,,,. Give me a break!

Buyer: HorseBackBob(1-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 08/21/2005 at 22:20:40
(no avatar) These are the saddest stories I've ever heard. I have spent my last 3 tags on deer that have been shot by people that have no business hunting... If you cant drop it with one shot you shouldn't be out there. Time to get another hobbie guys, video games dont hurt, leave the hunting for those made to hunt and those who respect it... go quilt something.

Former Seller: johnnysguns(36-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 09/04/2005 at 06:09:30
johnnysguns Horsebackbob, I suppose all your kills have been 1 shot to the brain, huh?

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.