Quantcast
GunAuction.com - James Edward Mehaffey (aka Jim Mahafee) and Garret Spoon Hunter.

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Hunting Stories)--->(James Edward Mehaffey (aka Jim Mahafee) and Garret Spoon Hunter.)
Thread Admin: AIC (121-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 09/29/2006 at 14:16:30
Total Posts: 122
Thread Title: "James Edward Mehaffey (aka Jim Mahafee) and Garret Spoon Hunter."
AIC I have told a few storys of Mahafee and his ol' indian pard Garret Spoonhunter. And I am fixing to tell a few more, however there will be conditions to be met before I post the storys.

Jim's health is not the best he needs to go to the VA hospital sevral times a month which is 185 miles away in Reno. that is just one way. He gets $812 a month total imcome, the VA gives him $30 for travle expences each trip. After Jim pays his bills each month he only has $120 left for food, whisky, tabaco, and gas. If Jim doesn't buy any food, whisky, or tabaco he has enough money for two trips to Reno and the VA has been requiring him to make 1 to 2 trips down there every week and it does not look like it will be changing anytime soon.

So here is the deal; Jim gave me some very old books he has to sell for his benifit. I am going to list them in Fibber McGee's closet and for every one that brings hunderd dollers or more I will post a true story about Jim.

(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Thread Admin: AIC(121-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 14:21:30
AIC I will even include a signed copy of a Mahfee story, Signed by me or Jim Mehaffey himself if you like.

Seller: AA-bob(1-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 14:32:56
AA-bob AIC, put 'em up. I hope to find one I'd like and don't have (If no one objects to my bidding on a benefit auction, that is). Can't wait for the stories!

Former Seller: Pappa Jim(10-0-0) Post#3 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 15:21:52
Pappa Jim Give us the auction numbers when you post them.

Former Seller: OLD RATTLER(118-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 16:30:09
(no avatar) A.IC. ; COUNT ME IN . FOR SURE!!!!

Former Seller: OLD RATTLER(118-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 16:34:44
(no avatar) AA-BOB ; BID ON EM , WHO GIVES A CRAP? IT IS FOR A GOOD CAUSE!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Admin: AIC(121-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 16:36:52
AIC Ok I am listing the books I have 2 auctions posted a total of four books so far. I just realized that there is a section for books and videos so if you run a search for AIC as the seller or type in James under all catogorys you should find all of them. And its fine with me it the The Cat Hearder bids, I think Jim will get a kick out of a Cat Hearder buying an old Cow Hearder's books.

Former Seller: dralarms(1-0-0) Post#7 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 17:51:40
(no avatar) Now there's some books I haven't seen in a coon's age.

Thread Admin: AIC(121-0-0) Post#8 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 18:08:25
AIC Ok all the books Jim gave me to sell are up on auction.

Former Seller: dralarms(1-0-0) Post#9 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 18:18:14
(no avatar) That's a nice collection, can you tell me what edition "the call of the wild" is? anyone know when it was first printed?

Thread Admin: AIC(121-0-0) Post#10 - Posted: 09/29/2006 at 18:20:26
AIC On the 18th of this month I took Jim down to the VA hospital have some polyps removed. Jim put his close in the corner of the room they were doing the procedure he put his high topped boots together and sat his 10 gal cowboy hat on top of them. They didn't put Jim out just numbed him so about half way through Jim says real loud; " Hey!Look, there in the corner its a Texan with the BS knocked out of him". Jim said I shouldn't have done that, every one laughed real hard and he could see on the TV screen the cutter on camera flopping all over the place inside him.

(Next 10 Posts)   (Ending)

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.