Quantcast
GunAuction.com - SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

(Forum Home)--->(Hunting Stories)--->(SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?)
Thread Admin: Pappa Jim (9-0-0) (Last 10 Posts) Posted: 07/13/2006 at 22:01:14
Total Posts: 8
Thread Title: "SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?"
Pappa Jim SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?

"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.

>Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.

>No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

>Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' pop and 'level' are spelled the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. (Just like my sister’s kids.)

A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.

Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

Almonds are a member of the peach family.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

If the population of China walked past you, 8 abreast, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite!

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.

There are more chickens than people in the world.

Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Now you know everything!

(Start a Thread) (Forum Rules)

Former Seller: fred1939(80-0-0) Post#1 - Posted: 07/14/2006 at 09:09:48
(no avatar) No you don't. ya forgot"MOM" is spelled the same way.LOL OOPS forgot"DAD"

Former Seller: eastbank(17-0-0) Post#2 - Posted: 07/14/2006 at 10:09:39
(no avatar) thats why i sold my encyplopedias, by wife knows every thing. eastbank

Former Seller: Joes Custom Guns(178-1-1) Post#3 - Posted: 07/14/2006 at 10:25:31
(no avatar) Just when you think that you know everything that is ehen you start learning about the real world.

Former Seller: fred1939(80-0-0) Post#4 - Posted: 07/14/2006 at 14:04:46
(no avatar) And when you have live long enough that you know evrything,you'll be old enough to die.

Buyer: KTOFTE(4-0-0) Post#5 - Posted: 07/14/2006 at 17:02:02
(no avatar) I knew everything when I was sixteen years old. Since then I found out that I knew less and less.---Ken

Buyer: GUNNER686(17-0-0) Post#6 - Posted: 07/14/2006 at 19:33:48
(no avatar) the ryhm silver? the plate was silver, the pie was a slivver

Seller: tomon(38-0-0) Post#7 - Posted: 07/14/2006 at 22:59:15
tomon Woke up just in time to see David Letterman and he had some of these facts in his monologue. Is he on your email list, Jim??

While I am definitely facetious, and am just as surely NOT abstemious!

Some of the guys here can type entire posts with just one hand or finger!

Cyro....The QE II must be made by Ford!!HEHHEHHEH!!

Former Seller: c3shooter(24-0-0) Post#8 - Posted: 07/15/2006 at 17:58:47
c3shooter You can come close to ryming orange with door hinge- but only with a Southern accent. Regarding the names of all 50 states on the Lincoln Memorial- I was not aware that Alaska and Hawaii WERE states when the Lincoln Memorial was built. But I DO know where the marble came from for the memorial. Place called Marble, Colorado.

GunAuction.com Forum

Before posting, make sure you understand the Forum Rules. Those violating our Forum Rules will be removed. The Thread Admin is in charge of policing this thread and making sure posts conform to our policies.

In order to post in the GunAuction.com Forums, you must be a registered user of GunAuction.com. You can become as registered user by visiting our Registration Page.

In order to start a thread, you must either be a Seller or a Paid Bidder OR have at least three Positive feedbacks. We find that having some skin in the game keeps the abuse potential down. If you've got some 'skin in the game' and you would like to start your own thread, you may do so by visiting our Start A Thread form.

You may use HTML to spruce up your post, if you are so inclined. Do not post an advertisement for your services OR a website OR an auction. Violators will be shot! just kidding.... Seriously, this is a discussion forum - not a SPAM fest. Keep it clean.

Please login to post in this thread...

Home | Register | Become a Seller | Sell a Gun | Help & Info
Search | Forum | Find a FFL | My Auctions | My Bids | Contact Us | Log In

GunAuction.com is best seen using Google Chrome or Microsoft IE9 with javascript enabled, and Adobe Flash installed.
Copyright 1997- 2014 AuctionArms.com, Inc., Orem UT -- All Rights Reserved.