All original and is complete. Excellent shape with inspectors marks still on the stock. Stamped 1821.
The Model 1816 was originally designed as a flintlock muzzleloader, iron buttplate is straight against the shoulder, iron strap opposite the lock, iron trigger guard, no rear sight, two iron barrel bands, two strap hooks with button or cylindrical swivel, large iron nose guard serves as third band and forward sight, bayonet lug on top of barrel at muzzle, steel ramrod is button head and threaded. The butt stock features a very low comb, which is the graceful curve between the butt and the wrist of the stock. Manufactured by Harpers Ferry Armory, Harpers Ferry Virginia (now WV) from 1816 through 1844. Most were converted to percussion in the 1850's, this one by the "Belgian cone" method, this alteration was performed at the arsenals.
Payment and Shipping Instructions:
Money Orders, Cashiers Checks,